Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Polished Up: Formula X in Invincible

For quite a while I have heard nothing but great reviews for Sephora's Formula X polishes. They are supposed to have a great formula and have a long-lasting finish. So I was excited when I was able to get my hands on a mini version to try it out. The shade I have is Invincible, a vanilla shade that is great for any season.
When I applied this polish I noticed it was very streaky. Even after the second coat and applying a top coat there were still visible streaks left behind (you can see them in the photo above). I also didn't enjoy the brush. It was too small (maybe just because this was a mini size) and didn't seem to pick up enough polish from the bottle.
The worst part about this was how long it lasted. After less than two days I noticed chipping. By the end of day two I was so frustrated that I took a cotton pad full of nail polish remover to my nails.
I don't know how other shades perform or if the full-size versions are better, but I don't see myself picking up any other shades from this line. I miss the old Sephora polishes that I have reviewed on my blog before (here and here).

No comments:

Post a Comment