Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Polished Up Tuesday: Essie Tart Deco


I have been obsessed with coral this season and when  I discovered this gorgeous color I was ecstatic. Essie's Tart Deco is the perfect summer color and adds a pop against a neutral outfit. It took two coats to achieve the look above. There is one downside to this polish. It's a pain to apply. I had fight with it to get a smooth coat since it wants to apply streaky. Once I put the second coat on it was slightly better, but it was the top coat that smoothed everything out. A top coat is a MUST with this polish if you want a smooth finish. I don't know if other Essie polishes apply this way since this is the only color from this brand I own. I think part of the problem comes from the small brush (I prefer a larger brush). The end product is gorgeous and worth the fight to have this beautiful color on my nails. 


No comments:

Post a Comment