Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Polished Up Tuesday: The Dream Team


This post is the first in a series starring my nail polish collection. I love finding new colors and, over the years, have watched my collection grow. I enjoy seeing other bloggers post their own variety of polishes and thought it would be fun to share mine with all of you. I'll give you insight on the quality of the polishes for each post. I'll also post some fun ways to wear your colors from time to time. 
Before I start posting colors, I want to share with you The Dream Team. A good base and top coat are a necessity for any manicure. These amazing products help my polish last for about a week. This is great for someone like me who doesn't always have time to change polishes every few days.



From Left to Right: OPI Chip Skip, Revlon Colorstay Base Coat (005) and Revlon Colorstay Top Coat (010)
 Before painting my nails I apply Chip Skip by OPI first. This clear polish dries quickly and helps keep polish from chipping. Next I apply Revlon's Colorstay Base Coat. This polish looks white in the bottle but applies to the nails with only a slight tint of white. Be sure to apply as thin of a coat as possible. If the coat is too thick it will create tiny bubbles on your nails. My only complaint is it takes a little time to dry (around 3 minutes). However, this is the star to keeping nail polish from budging. Another blogger referred to this product as a base coat that cements your polish to your nails. I have to agree. Lower quality polishes that usually chip in a few days stay longer when I use this product.

Of course we can't forget about the top coat, also from Revlon's Colorstay collection. This helps to protect your polish for days and keeps it looking shiny and fresh. 
With these three products I am ready to apply any shade of polish to my nails and know it will stay beautiful until I am ready to take it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment